Making this dip requires minimal effort, but has the most delicious outcome. This vibrant dip is nutty and lightly spiced, and is great to bring to parties or to serve at parties like New Years Eve, or to have as a healthy snack at home. It’s filled with crunchy walnuts which are high in antioxidants through its rich omega-3 fatty acid content, which helps support brain function.
The red bell peppers are rich with all kinds of vitamins, most notably vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant and supports immune function. It’s also high in fibre which helps with a healthy digestion. The addition of cumin complements the sweetness of the peppers, and to add is also a herb that promotes digestion and contains anti-inflammatory antioxidants.
Delicious served with some toasted pita, or vegetable sticks.
Walnut red pepper dip Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 3/4)
- 1 red bell pepper/capsicum (deseeded and roughly sliced)
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 1-2 whole garlic cloves (peel)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- Sprinkle coriander powder
- Juice of ¼ lemon (if you like it to be more citrussy, add more)
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt (add more if needed)
- Add all the ingredients in a food processor or blender
- Blitz everything until smooth, then serve.